Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Goose Girl

Shannon Hale Rocks! Everytime I read her books I am so inspired by her writing that I want to write. The Goose Girl is a wonderful story full of the wonderful elements that Hale brings to her writing. Her characters are unique. I love Enna and the other workers. I appreciate her imagination and the cool way in which the goose girl is able to speak to Falada. Just beautiful. I also loved the gifts that Hale gave Ani, her ability to talk to the birds and the wind (which was part of the origingal fairy tale). It's interesting because I knew how the book would end (it is a fairy tale), but I didn't care. I loved every minute of the ride and was surprised by some of the ways Hale told the story. I can honestly say I loved the book and will read it again. First, I need to read Enna Burning and River Secrets which are about two characters she created in The Goose Girl, Enna and Razo. I am debating between reading the second book of the Dark Tower series or Enna Burning. I think I choose Enna. Shhhh.

Now reading: Don Quixote (for the second time)

No comments: