Friday, January 23, 2009

Interred with their bones

I finished this book last night while driving to and from Tucson for class. It was recommended to me by an old friend who knows my love for a good mystery and literature (of course). This book was about finding one of the lost plays of Shakespeare called Cardenio. The story was like a Da Vinci Code-esque adventure. I know most of the story was fictional, but I found it interesting how Carrell wove truth in with the fiction. It was done very well. Last night while driving through Texas Canyon on I-10, the characters in the book were driving down my same path. It was somewhat surreal. I enjoyed how Carrell took me on a journey from England, Boston, Cedar City, Utah, Washington DC, Spain, and the Southwest to show the vast influence of Shakespeare and also the probability of finding the lost play where her characters found it. So fun.

1 comment:

The Bench said...

HI there- did you get this one from the library?? I need reading material for my trip!! as I am traveling ALONE. SEE YOU on the evening of the 6th! hugs - Mom