Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Waste Lands

I finally finished the third book in the Dark Tower series. There are some great characters and story developments. The idea of Roland's world moving on continues to be intriguing. I enjoy a good apocalyptic story as much as the next girl. I like how King shows a futuristic world of mechanical animals which guard portals for thousands of years. The city of Lud is the future of a world that is appalling, but it's a world I can imagine of the future full of greed, ignorance and superstition. The mono-rail Blaine (the pain) is a disturbing representation of a machine that has lost it's mind because of neglect and has become deized by the people of Lud. I was miffed about the ending of the book because I was in Tucson when it ended with two hours left to drive. If you decide to read this book, make sure you have the 4th book handy, so you can go right into it. I can't wait to get into the riddling.

No comments: